Thank you to all of our parents and carers who have commented so positively on our move to ensure that the length of skirts is suitable in the next academic year (no more than 5cms above the knee). I know that this will be quite a change for some of our pupils but, as I have stated previously, there is the alternative of wearing trousers should the change to the rule around skirts be deemed to be too difficult. I have been informed by one of our suppliers (Uniforms2Go) that the skirts they provide are of the length required and am awaiting a response from the other. Thank you for your support with this matter.
I mentioned last week that we are in the process of constructing a new Wellbeing and Reception centre in school. In addition to this, we are also moving around some of the other areas in school in order to offer our pupils a better and more efficient learning experience. Changes include:
- Upper School becomes the Humanities Centre
- Sixth Form moving to a new Sixth Form Centre (off the Brynteg Gardens entrance)
- Lower School becomes the Languages, Literacy and Communication Centre (English, Welsh and MFL)
- Year groups/form rooms will all be situated together (as opposed to being distributed across the school
- It is felt that all of this work will bring huge benefits to our pupils and staff and these changes will be in place from the beginning of September.
Please remember that next week I am holding an open meeting with parents and carers (Wednesday 26thJune at 5pm Upper School).
Our photo of the week shows members of our Clwb Cymraeg proudly showing off their new badges and lanyards.